Registration and Pricing
“Slavery Then and Now”
Includes: tour of the Johnson House (a stop along the underground railroad), a presentation on current forms of slavery and human trafficking, and a student centered discussion (Extra cost of $5.00 per person)
Includes: tour of Philly Urban Creators (local community garden and sustainability project), presentation on stewardship in the Catholic Social Teaching, and a student centered discussion. (Extra cost of $50 per group)
“It Could Be Me”
Includes: a trip to The Monkey and the Elephant Café (a job and life skills program that seeks to equip youth who’ve aged out of foster care with the tools necessary to make the transition to self-sufficient adulthood), a presentation about the links between the foster system, homelessness and incarceration, and a student centered discussion
Includes: guest speaker, presentation/video on the prison system, and a student centered discussion
“Understanding Ourselves in Context of Our Histories”
Includes: presentation on the history of race and poverty in Philadelphia, and a student centered discussion
- REGISTRATION FORMS should be received no later than one month prior to your trip at the center. The information that you provide to us in the guide is instrumental in building an impactful experience for your students. Additionally, center staff will not be able to schedule service sites if they do not know the size of your group.
- The center requires a 1:6 CHAPERONE to participant ratio, for all participants under 18. Chaperones should be female or male based on the proportion of males and females in the in the group.
- Groups must provide their own TRANSPORTATION. Therefore, chaperones need to have a drivers license and be willing to drive in an urban area. There is a van available for use at the center.
- If your group intends to have a NIGHT OFF to sight see, you must include this information on your registration form. We ask that weekend visitors do not anticipate having a night off, as our time together is limited.
- Please plan to ARRIVE 4:00 pm, the day before your first full day of service. On the day of DEPARTURE we ask you to leave before noon. Additionally, we ask that you do not plan to leave on Saturday, so that staff members are able to prepare the house for the group that will be coming the following week.
*If you are coming from a distance of more than a 6 hour drive please let us know and we can adjust the arrrival time.